Definition of gilding paper
Gliding paper also named foil paper and bronzing paper, is in northern China commonly known as anodized, it is in the polyester film (PET) and coated on its surface of the composition of multi-layer chemical coating. Polyester film thickness is usually 12 microns, some of which coating is used to produce the decorative effect, and some coating is used to control the performance of bronzing paper, different coating for the different substrate. The function of the aluminum layer is to produce the reflective effect, which is formed when the aluminum wire is melted and sublimed at high temperature and then coagulated on bronzing paper under ultra-low vacuum conditions.
Stamping foil paper features: the best temperature for hot stamping 95-135 degrees, please select different types of stamping paper according to different stamping substrates and patterns for the hot stamping test. Hot stamping area is more extensive, which is divided into three, one is hot stamping small stroke (small area dedicated), two is 6 * 6 mm field hot stamping (universal), three is 10 * 10 mm field hot stamping (large area dedicated) .
Foil stamping paper specification: width 0.64 m * length 120 m/roll; also can be customized, such as 240 m/roll, 360 m/roll, etc.
Hot foil stamping paper storage precautions: normal temperature storage, moisture, pressure, sunscreen.
Scope of application
- clothing fabric gilding paper (high-grade fashion, cloth, t-shirt, bags, casual shoes)
- ASB, PVC, PMMA (acrylic bronzing), and other soft plastic-type bronzing paper (plastic accessories, electronic products, ball-point pen, clock surface)
- OPP lamination, bronzing paper (high-grade cigarette packs, wine boxes, picture books, moon cake boxes, books, and so on)
- PP, PE type bronzing paper (cosmetic box, hose, high-grade daily necessities)
- electrical wire drawing type, double-sided gilding paper (DVD, VCD, combined speaker, transparent panel, high-grade electrical appliances, video panels)
- Glass, metal bronzing paper (cosmetic bottles, wine bottles, wine glasses, metal nameplates, teacups, etc.)
- PU leather, imitation leather bronzing paper (fashion shoes, cases, and bags, book covers, artificial leather, etc.)
- Buddhist incense gilding paper
- Stamping machines (pneumatic gilding machine, automatic continuous scalding drill, scalding machine)
The structure of the foil stamping paper is divided into the base layer, peel layer, color layer, electroplating layer, glue layer.
Layer 1: the base layer
Generally, a biaxially stretched polyester film with a thickness of 12μm (25μm) is used to support the coatings attached to it, which is convenient for continuous hot stamping. It has tensile resistance, resistance to instantaneous high temperature, and other properties.
Layer 2: stripping layer
Generally for the organic silicon resin and other coatings. The main role is in hot stamping so that pigment, aluminum, the plastic layer can quickly off the polyester film and transfer bonding on the surface of the hot stamping object. The separation layer should have good off performance, otherwise, it will make hot stamping blurred graphics and text, dew hair flower, affect the quality of hot stamping products.
Layer 3: color layer
The main components are film-forming, heat resistance, transparency, suitable synthetic resin, and dyes. Common resins are polyurethane nitrocellulose, melamine-formaldehyde resin, modified rosin resin, and so on. In production, resin and dye are dissolved in the organic solvent to form the color paste and then coated and dried. The main role has two: one is to show the color, and the other is to protect the hot stamping in the surface of the articles aluminized text is not oxidized. The colors of anodized aluminum foil are gold, orange, gray, red, blue, green, and so on. The color of the color layer through the aluminized layer was given luster, color has certain changes, such as yellow after the plating drill for gold, gray aluminized into silver, etc. . The coating requirements of the color layer is fine without any small particles to avoid trachoma, uniform coating.
Fourth Layer: electroplated layer
The aluminum coating is formed by melting and continuously evaporating the aluminum wire into the color layer of the film in the vacuum chamber of the vacuum continuous aluminizing machine. The main role of the aluminum coating is to reflect light, change the color layer color so that it presents a metallic luster.
Layer 5: glue layer
Generally fusible thermoplastic resin, according to the hot stamping materials, can choose different resin, resin dissolved in organic solvents or mixed into aqueous solution, through coater coating on the aluminum layer, after drying into a glue layer, its main role is for hot stamping materials bonded to the hot object. Hot stamping, hot stamping is not one of the main reasons, is the glue layer does not match, hot stamping object of different choice of anodized foil model should also be different.
The do's and don'ts
1. Get to know the material first. The need for bronzing substrate decided to choose the series of bronzing paper. Commonly used plastic substrates that need bronzing are: ABS, PP, PE, PVC (soft and hard), PC, PS, Pu, TPR, TPU, racing steel, nylon, bakelite board, and so on; There are also paper (there are coated paper, ordinary paper, coated paper, etc.), Wood (whether painted or log), leather, clothing printing, and so on.
2, the use of bronzing process and the use of the different hot plate. Flat Hot, boiling; according to the use of the hot version of the different metal version, rubber version.
3. Size of gilding area. Mainly due to the different bronzing paper release layer, so the size of the bronzing paper is also very important for the selection of bronzing paper, general bronzing paper can be divided into small word bronzing, small and medium-size color block, large-area color block, full area hot stamping and so on
4, the different speeds of hot stamping. Whether the use of the fully automatic high-speed machine (high-speed machine here is not commonly referred to as pneumatic automatic, pneumatic automatic are Semiautomaton), Semiautomaton, manual, and so on hot stamping.
5. Choose brightness and color. Only the above 6 conditions are met before the final choice of gilding paper brightness and color. Generally speaking, the brightness of anodized higher than powder foil, anodized chrome brightness higher than anodized, high-thickness bronzing paper brightness than low thickness bronzing paper.
6. Hot stamping requirements. Whether it needs to be reprinted after bronzing (including machine printing, oil spraying, etc.).
7. Products for indoor or outdoor use. Indoor use of products such as cosmetics bronzing is also highly demanding.
Method of use
(1) cloth type flat ironing, hot stamping paste placed on the screen, with squeegee hot stamping paste to the surface of the object (such as cloth, clothing, etc.), after the hot stamping pastes dry, the hot stamping paper on the surface of the cloth, 130 ~ 140 °C, Pressure 4 kg/cm & SUP2; Time 10′′, remove, cool and tear off the waste film.
(2) leather products flat iron, the main tool for aluminum or copper gilding version, suitable for leather products such as gilding. Pressure on the cloth bronzing smaller, short-run time than the cloth bronzing, according to different products flexible.
(3) hot webbing products, commonly used tools: silica gel wheel, mostly used for trademark webbing gilding.
(4) hot cloth products, often used for the whole roll of fabric pieces to do hot gold, according to the hot gold effect distinction, special hot, hot. Bronzing paper varieties are generally: full film, semi-film, and so on. Color roughly has monochromatic film, polychromatic film, etc.
In addition, gilding paper on the back, there is glue and non-glue difference. There is glue (that is, coated on the back of hot melt adhesive) gilding paper, generally in leather gilding more common. Non-adhesive gilding paper, generally used for cloth gilding, due to the actual production process, the operation is more flexible. Of course, there are also some specific patterns coated with gilding glue on the back, such as: positioning gilding film. Gilding glue also has water and oil-based types, for different materials, targeted use of choice. Hot stamping can not be wiped by hand gold surface, or rubbing cloth. Recommended 24 hours after the washing test, the best results. In addition, bronzing paper in the transport and storage process must avoid exposure to the sun, rain, or damp, bronzing paper to the factory must be stored in a cool ventilated dry area.
1.When the bronzing machine temperature to normal temperature value, bronzing paper is still not hot or clean, for two reasons:
- bronzing paper is not suitable for hot stamping the substrate
- hot stamping temperature is not enough, can be a re-heating test, such as hot on the blue light after the hot stamping temperature is too high, can be properly cooled and then process the hot foil stamping again.
2.What is the general specification of foil staming paper?
- most domestic and Japanese gilding paper manufacturers sell gilding paper size: 640MM * 120m;
- German Kurz gilding paper: 610MM * 122m;
- the common specification of the leather bronzing paper is: 1500MM * 300M. The main specification of the fabric bronzing paper is 750MM * 120M.
3. What is the thickness of the gilding paper?
Bronzing paper(foil stamping paper, gliding paper) thickness is usually divided into the thickness of the substrate and transfer layer thickness. The most commonly used substrate is PET, in general, the thickness is 12μm, but there are many large-area hot stamping products and drawing foil using 19μm and 25μm thick PET.
4.What is the classification of gilding paper?
According to the usual classification, gilding paper can be divided into gold and silver foil, wire drawing foil, pigment foil, chrome foil, laser foil, fabric foil, heat transfer ribbon, leather foil, paper foil, etc.
5.What are the colors of the gilding paper?
Gold and color are the most common colors, but other colors such as red, green, blue, black, bronze, coffee, mute gold, silver, pearlescent, laser, pigment, metallic brushed black, and metallic brushed gray are also very popular.
6. which substrates are suitable for gilding paper?
All kinds of paper or cardboard, OPP coated, all kinds of plastics such as PC, PS, PP, PET, PVC, PMMA, ABS, leather, fabrics, etc.
7.What are the main advantages of bronzing paper over other printing processes?
The design is bright and beautiful, the color is bright and dazzling, the metal feeling is strong, the craft is simple, the external decoration effect is very good, the cost is low, the safety and environmental protection, the choice is various, each kind of fine design, large, medium and small area hot stamping, flat hot can be, manual, semi-automatic, automatic and so on a variety of hot stamping machine options for selection.
8.What is the applicable temperature and pressure for bronzing paper?
According to the different materials, the bronzing paper temperature is very different. Paper is usually 100 °C-130 °C; plastic is 180 °C-230 °C, and the fabric is 80 °C-145 °C.
9.Gilding paper on storage conditions, what is the retention period?
Anti-pressure, anti-moisture, anti-heat, anti-sun, placed in a cool and ventilated place, the warranty service life is two years.
- Temperature 5 °C-20 °C
- The upright position is more appropriate
- Humidity 30-70%
- moisture-proof, do not insolate.
Foil Stamping Paper Craft:
Bronzing paper technology is to uses the principle of hot press transfer, the anodized aluminum layer to the substrate surface to form a special metal effect because the main material used in bronzing is anodized foil, so bronzing also known as anodized hot stamping. Anodized aluminum foil is usually composed of multi-layer materials, the substrate is often PE, followed by separate coating, color coating, metal coating (aluminum), and glue coating.
And the printing industry is commonly used in the anodized foil hot stamping on paper, called bronzing, bronzing is a process. Gilding doesn’t mean gilding is gold? There are many kinds of gilding paper materials, including gold, silver, laser gold, laser silver, black, red, green, and so on.
The roll to roll hot foil stamping machine produced by CNY technology is mainly for textile tapes, such as labels , decorative ribbons, package ribbons , elastic tapes , etc. If any interesting, please return to the machine page for the details.Or send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org directly for a quotation.