Those screen printing factories in the process of screen printing often use spot color ink to ensure the color intercommunity of printing products and consistency. However, in the process of screen printing, there will be color differences in screen printing. What are the specific reasons?
The reasons for the color difference of screen printing ink should be considered from the following points:
- 1.The color mix of screen printing ink is better to make done once, so that the later impact will be much smaller.
- 2.ink dilution ratio must be reasonable. More thinning will make the color lighter, and less thinning will make the color darker.
- 3. When the same screen plate is remade, the mesh number should be the same. If the mesh number is high, the color printed will be light, and vice versa.
- 4. The printing pressure of the scraper. When we print with the screen printing machine, we should maintain the consistent printing pressure of the scraper. Only in the appropriate printing pressure range, can print thick ink layer, clear picture, rich tone, and color reproducibility of outstanding prints.
- 5.In addition, when the same screen plate is remade, the thickness of the photosensitive adhesive should be consistent. With the film thickness of the photosensitive glue, the color of the printing will become darker.
- 6. screen printing ink color mix, preferably use the same brand of ink. Do not use different brands of ink to do ink color mix, because each manufacturer of ink particle size is not the exactly same, and the nature of the material is not the same.
- 7. The color of screen printing ink color mix should be equipped with a printing standard light source, different light sources will also cause color deviation.
The color difference control solutions of screen printing can start from these points:
- Ensure the quality of printing ink
- Determine the upper and lower limits of product color with customers
- Equipped with printing standard light source
- Record the ink ratio;
- Use weighing device
- Use the same specifications of the mesh version.
If we can do the above points well, the differences of inks printing is within our control.
- How to Make the Screen Plate Long Service Life?
- SUBLIMATION Or SCREEN PRINTING: Learning The Distinctions
- How to Select the Screen Frame?
- Types and Characteristics of the Mesh
- Process flow of screen printing
- How do you treat plastisol ink?
- Basic Knowledge of Foil Stamping Paper
- How to Make the Right Inks for Your Order?
- How to Improve the Accuracy of Multi-color Overprinting in Screen printing?
- How to Avoid Serrated Edges in Screen Printing (Screen Printing Technology)