Screen printing is a special type of printing. Because of its printing process, it determines the silk screen printing process in the pattern edge will have a sawtooth phenomenon. Screen printing is generally easy to produce serrations at the edge of fine lines or small text patterns, which is almost inevitable for some screen printing small white, so how to avoid or maximize the reduction of serrations this problem, this article provides some solutions.
The pattern edge has serration is related to the screen printing process. The screen printing graphics are formed through the mesh, and the screen mesh is composed of many holes, therefore, serration is understandable, so how do we avoid the edge of the screen printing picture serration?
The first thing to understand is that the serrations and the mesh NO have a great relationship. The mesh NO mainly affects the printing accuracy and ink leaks the mesh.
It is very important to choose the right mesh. Generally speaking, large graphics can choose mesh of about NO.200. Regarding dot printing, and fine text or line printing, we must use big mesh NO. and have to use the yellow mesh.
Secondly, mesh stretch is also important. The tension must be tight, meanwhile, the force is uniform throughout the screen mesh, and the mesh yarn diameter must be vertical.
There are several main aspects to solve the problem of screen printing sawtooth:
- Choosing a large mesh number can solve the sawtooth problem. The lower the mesh number, the more serious the serration.
- According to the fine degree of the pattern, we can stretch mesh in Angle. Conventional slant-pull angles are 22.5 degrees and 45 degrees.
- Choose good quality photosensitive glue, such as Murakami AD20, which is better for fine pattern printing. And appropriate exposure intensity and exposure time.
- Note that after the screen plate has been done, it is necessary to carry out the second exposure treatment to strengthen the fastness of the sensitive glue.
- How Do Separate Colors in Screen Printing
- How to Make the Screen Plate Long Service Life?
- SUBLIMATION Or SCREEN PRINTING: Learning The Distinctions
- How to Select the Screen Frame?
- Types and Characteristics of the Mesh
- Process flow of screen printing
- How do you treat plastisol ink?
- Basic Knowledge of Foil Stamping Paper
- How to Make the Right Inks for Your Order?
- How to Improve the Accuracy of Multi-color Overprinting in Screen printing?